.: The Angel of Death :. One

A News By yahoofreeshop:Last night I couldn’t sleep. Have you ever had one of those nights when sleep rushes around you but never truly comes to you? As I was sprawled out across my small bed I placed my MP3 player next to my head and listened to whatever song was playing.

The first song to play was called “The Angel of Death Came to David’s Room” and as I listened to the lyrics I found myself sifting through my thoughts to come to an understanding of death and impermanence. Funny how lack of sleep and meaningful words will do that to a person at 2 in the morning.

I don’t know how many of you know the story of King David in the Bible, but as I grew up in a church (My father was a pastor) I often heard the story in Sunday school or from the pulpit. David, who was a great leader, was definitely a major jerk sometimes.

Share on...