Did Jay-Z really vow to stop using the B-word in his lyrics?

The Internet has been blowing up with reports that Jay-Z has vowed to stop using the B-word in his lyrics. (And no, we aren't talking about Beyonce.) But did he really make such a statement?

These reports stem from an alleged poem (or song, depending on which site you look at) that popped up online last week, after the Jan. 7 birth of his daughter with Beyonce, Blue Ivy Carter. NME's report on Monday caused the story to gain traction.

This poem goes: "Before I got in the game, made a change, and got rich/I didn't think hard about using the word b----/I rapped, I flipped it, I sold it, I lived it/Now with my daughter in this world I curse those that give it. ... I never realized while on the fast track that I'd give riddance to the word b----/To leave her innocence in tact/No man will degrade her, or call her name/I'm so focused on your future, the degradation has passed. ... I wish you wealth, health and insight/Forever young you may pass/Blue Ivy Carter, my angel."

Also: Jay-Z raps about birth of daughter with Beyonce

But a source close to the rapper's camp told E! News on Tuesday that the poem people keep talking about isn't from Jay-Z. No word on how the lyrics made it online and became attributed to the rap mogul.

Last week, Jay-Z did post a song about his new daughter, "Glory," on his site, Life + Times.

Share on...